Train The Trainer Program Description:
The Aerial Work Platform Train-the-Trainer program consists of a classroom training session and a practical training session. All participants must pass both sessions to become certified. Successful participants receive a both a full size certificate and a wallet certificate of achievement.
Program Training Objectives:
The objective is to provide trainers and with the skills, knowledge, teaching skills, and training materials necessary to train other members of the workforce to operate aerial work platforms in a safe and efficient manner. The aerial work platforms covered in this training program are Boom-Type Elevating Work Platforms and Self-Propelled Elevating Work Platforms (for use on paved/slab surfaces) used in Industry.
- Feeling comfortable in front of a group
- Principles of empathy
- Effective speaking techniques
- Effective body language
- Tips for conducting an effective safety course
- Principles of good communication
- learning the aerial work platform course content including:
- Legal requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Requirements of Canadian Standards Association Codes CAN3-B354.2 Self-Propelled Elevating Work Platforms for Use on Paved/Slab Surfaces and CAN3 –B354.4 Boom-Type Elevating Work Platforms
- Pre-shift inspection of the elevating work platforms
- Precautions for lifting, lowering, and moving
- Personal protective equipment including fall arrest systems
- Operation of the elevating work platforms
- Safe operating practices
- Lifting capacity of elevating work platforms.
- Use of emergency controls
- Administering theory and practical tests
One day (seven hours) of theory training (including practice presentations) and practical evaluation with a maximum group size of 3 participants.