Note: Does not include reference to live work or tree trimming applications.
The Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Work Platform Train-the-Trainer program consists of a classroom training session and a practical training session. All participants must pass both sessions to become certified. Successful participants receive a both a full size certificate and a wallet certificate of achievement.
The objective is to provide trainers and with the skills, knowledge, teaching skills, and training materials necessary to train other members of the workforce to operate vehicle-mounted aerial work platforms in a safe and efficient manner.
- Feeling comfortable in front of a group
- Principles of empathy
- Effective speaking techniques
- Effective body language
- Tips for conducting an effective safety course
- Principles of good communication
- Learning the vehicle-mounted aerial work platform course content including:
- Legal requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Requirements of Canadian Standards Association Code C225-00 Vehicle-Mounted Aerial Devices
- Pre-shift inspection of the vehicle-mounted aerial work platforms
- Precautions for lifting, lowering, and moving
- Personal protective equipment including fall arrest systems
- Operation of the vehicle-mounted aerial work platforms
- Safe operating practices
- The lifting capacity
- Use of emergency controls
- Theory and practical tests
- Administering theory and practical tests
One day (seven hours) of theory training (including practice presentations) and practical evaluation with a maximum group size of 3 participants.